Your first homework assignment

Home Forums Ghostwriting Masterclass Discussion Forum Your first homework assignment

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie Anne
    Keymaster

Sooo…time to get to work already!

Your first assignment is two-fold:

1. Write an introduction post here in the forum.
    Let us know who you are, where you’re from, and what kind of dessert you love (cheesecake!)

2. Fill out your social profile on the dashboard. Add a friendly photo of yourself and fill in your bio.

Looking forward to seeing your smiling faces in here!

Julie

P.S. If you need a refresher on how to find your profile, here’s a video:

Teri McMackin
    Participant

Strange… I had written up a nice post right after the first class and I don’t see it here anymore.

Darn.

Julie Anne
    Keymaster

Yeah… Something is screwy with the posting here. Some posts I’m not seeing until days later.

Mary Mathisson
    Participant

Hi Julie!

I got some encouraging feedback from reaching out to some of the folks I know and would love to work with.

Here’s part of a reply from my former boss who’s a finance big cheese at a tech company:

“I’ve always thought there’s a book to be written from the perspective of “middle management” through the last decade in tech. Sheryl Sandberg created a persona that somehow has come to define the model for female success. but I expect the real story is how those messages were adopted by women (and the resulting negative impact in the workplace.)  Also, the view from male counterparts through the last few years hasn’t been well captured… One of my gf’s and I discussed writing “Lean Back” though we may have missed the timing on that one.”

I asked Viveka von Rosen at Vengreso if she’d be willing to share her experience working with a co-author. I’ve been doing freelance LinkedIn profile writing at Vengreso, focusing on “social selling,” and she’s published a couple of books about marketing yourself on LinkedIn. One was part of Dayna Steele’s “101 ways to rock” series. 

I would love to write her next book… and thought it would make sense to start with a fact finding mission asking about her experience with the writing process, and how her books helped her and her audience. Her title at Vengreso is “Chief Visibility Officer.” 😉 and she does a lot of public speaking. I have a call scheduled with her next week and would love to hear your thoughts. 

Looking forward to Monday’s call!

Thanks,
    Mary

Julie Anne
    Keymaster

Woohoo! That’s amazing progress, Mary.
    Just keep the conversation going. It’s not about pushing them to hire you.
    It’s about helping them dream up the possibilities that a book can make happen.
    Help them see that you would be a great partner to help them get the book done.

Remember the gaps between what they want and where they are now:
    They don’t have time
    They don’t know how
    They didn’t know they could hire an expert to help them.

SO proud of you!
    Keep it up.
    Julie

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.